THE NEXT DOOR, Inc.
Location: Hood River primarily and The Dalles on occasion
Work Schedule: Part-time: 20-29 hours per week
Salary Range: $20.40-24.48/hour
Benefits: Vacation, Sick, Holiday
Reports to: Executive Director
Why would you want to work at The Next Door?
Hopefully it’s because you share our vision of a supportive community here all children and families are safe, healthy and valued. Every day, we work towards making this vision a reality, by having integrity and by living our core values of being welcoming, just, empathetic, empowering and flexible. If you like to work in an environment where you’ll be learning right alongside our program participants—The Next Door is the place for you!
Why would you want to be the Executive Assistant at The Next Door?
Hopefully it’s because you want to help the Executive Director, the two Program Directors, and the administrative team be as responsive and attentive as possible to our co-workers, program participants, community partners, and funders. You value working in a lively, ever-changing environment with lots of interaction--talking as well as writing--in English and Spanish. You enjoy helping your co-workers so they can be effective and productive in their jobs. Most importantly, you want to help guide The Next Door as we continue to help our community.
Who is The Next Door looking for?
We are looking for someone who thinks critically and analytically--someone who is respectful, intuitive and honest. We’re looking for someone who loves being part of a team and enjoys interacting with their team members: coaching them when needed, stepping back when appropriate and never needing to take undue credit. We’re also looking for someone who is detail-oriented, very organized, knows how to prioritize tasks, and can work with all kinds of electronics—email, apps, social media, and computer software.
What will you do as Executive Assistant?
Assist the Executive Director (40% of time)
- Coordinate, record and sometimes facilitate meetings, scheduling, co-worker and community partner communication, general office tasks;
- Write, edit or assist with organization policies and procedures, proposals, reports, emails;
- Serve as “gate-keeper” and “archive” for important meetings, tasks and communication;
- Make decisions for the good of The Next Door.
Assist Program Directors (40% of time)
- Assist with scheduling, co-worker and community partner communication, general office tasks;
- Serve as “gate-keeper” and “archive” for important meetings, tasks and communication.
General Administrative Support (20% of time)
What are the skills and education you’ll need as Executive Assistant
- Provide back-up coverage for the front desk in either Hood River or The Dalles office;
- Observe general operations and programs of The Next Door to assure they are working well;
- Serve in, and sometimes facilitate, various teams such as Finance Committee, Human Resources Committee, Admin Support Team, etc.
What are the Core Competencies that The Next Door expects of all its Employees?
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least 5 years of experience as an Administrative Assistant in an office environment
- At least 2 years of experience managing/supervising others
- Bilingual in English and Spanish
- Experience in non-profit organizations would be a plus
What are the Physical Demands of the Executive Assistant
- Problem Solving
- Collaboration & Teamwork
- Motivating and Inspiring Others
- Equity & Inclusion
- Business Acumen & Financial Stewardship
- Leadership & Development
What’s The Next Door’s Disclaimer?
- Must be able to type at a computer, sitting or standing, for several hours at a time
- May lift materials/equipment weighing up to 20 pounds
- Effective use of laptop, cell phone and other mobile devices to exchange information
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
The Next Door offers a casual, pet-friendly environment. To learn more about us, visit http://nextdoorinc.org
To apply: Go to http://nextdoorinc.org/employment
and submit: Cover Letter+ Resume+ Employment App.
The Next Door is an Equal Opportunity Employer, one that appreciates differences and creates opportunities for staff to interact with people who do not look like, talk like, think like, believe like, act like, or live like they do.