Reports To: President / CEO
Job Description: The Event Coordinator works with an awesome and energetic team that gets things done. They report to the President / CEO. The position is responsible for coordinating all aspects of special events and networking events that benefits our community and the businesses here in The Dalles Area!!!.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all aspects of the Northwest Cherry Festival; Distinguished Citizens Award Banquet; Farm to Fork Dinner; Starlight Parade and Tree Lighting; Membership Reception, and other special events as they are developed.
- Coordinate Chamber events including Business After Hours, Power Breakfast, Coffee Connections, educational seminars, ribbon cuttings, Ambassador visits, grand opening celebrations and other Chamber events as they are developed.
- Coordinate and secure sponsorships for Chamber events, Cherry Festival, Farm to Fork Dinner, Starlight Parade and Tree Lighting, Distinguished Citizens Award Banquet, and other events as they are developed.
- Coordinates all aspects of event production including but not limited to site selection, contracts, vendors, permits, set-up/tear down, volunteers, onsite coordination, and complete and thorough follow up to all events.
- Responsible for writing and distributing press releases for our events, setting up events on community calendars and social media platforms, and responds in a timely fashion to both positive and negative press pertaining to hosted events.
- Works with Chamber team to create and manage event budgets. Meet or exceed established financial goals for all events.
- Work with the Chamber and Explore The Dalles teams to develop marketing strategies, advertising promotions, printed materials, marketing collateral and publicity pieces that will effectively promote events to various audiences.
- Work with bookkeeping staff to ensure accurate and timely billing for all events.
- Assist with The Dalles Visitor’s Center and The Dalles Area Chamber as needed.
- Attend conferences and professional development that pertains to position.
- Other duties as assigned.
COMPENSATION: $15.00 to $17.00 per hour DOE
- A 4-year degree or equivalent work experience is preferred
- Employer may require a drug screen and a background check
- Strong organizational skills and close attention to detail
- Outstanding interpersonal and team building skills. Must be customer service focused
- High level of creativity and strong problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative and manage numerous projects simultaneously. Must work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to perform multi-level tasks, troubleshoot, be flexible, think quickly and react decisively
- Well developed written and oral communication skills
- Must be dependable, reliable and responsive the needs of sponsors, vendors, and participants of our events
- Computer Skills – Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point. Ability to learn new technology and software applications. Database and website experience desirable
- Flexible schedule during events
BENEFITS: Full time position that includes health insurance and paid vacation.
TO APPLY: Submit resume, a list of three references, and a cover letter detailing how your skills and experience meet the job requirements to:
President / CEO
The Dalles Area Chamber of Commerce
404 West Second Street
The Dalles, OR 97058